- Compact Design.
- Friction and Compound Wear Sensing Module offered as standard supply.
- Large number of options for extended testing capabilities.
- Computer controlled operation with software license included.
- Automated Loading System
- Environment Chamber
- Lubricant Cup
- Lubrication Module
- Electrical Contact Resistance (ECR)
- Automated Radial Positioning Module
- Angular Oscillation Module
- Elevated Temperature Modules (various ranges)
- Vacuum Chamber
Parameter Specifications (Micro POD) Specifications (Macro POD) Load Range Up to 60 N Up to 200 N Rotational Speed Up to 500 rpm (optional: up to 2000 rpm) 200 to 2000 rpm Frictional Force Measurement 0 to 20 N (optional: 0 to 60 N) 0 to 200 N Compound Wear Measurement 0 to 1200 µm 0 to 1200 µm
- ASTM G 99
- ASTM G 133
- ASTM G 77
- ISO 20808
- DIN 50324
- DIN 51834-1
- "Screening of Brake Pad Adhesives Using Rotary Tribometer"
The Ducom Pin/Ball on Disk Tribometer is a test instrument designed for accurate and repeatable tribological characterization of bulk materials, coatings and lubricants. Easily changeable holders allow users to quickly change the nature of tribological contact to something that is relevant to their application. A wide range of factory installed and field upgradable options make this system very scalable, ensuring years of unhindered research for various types of applications.
The Pin/Ball on Disk Tribometer by Ducom is used by hundreds of labs worldwide for all their material bench-marking and materials development needs.
In addition to standard configurations, Ducom also offers custom developed Pin/Ball on Disk Tribometers that are designed to meet highly specialized testing needs ranging from tests in exotic environments like pressurized helium or molten sodium to very high or low temperatures, loads and speeds.