- Interchangeable springs for a wide range and high resolution measurements of normal load and friction force.
- Interchangeable drives for linear reciprocation, rotation and oscillatory motions.
- Acquisition of force vs. displacement curve to determine the adhesion force and energy.
- Temperature Control System for operating at a temperature range between room temperature to 80 Deg C.
- Humidity Control System for operating at a humidity range between 30% RH to 75% RH.
- Tribocorrosion Cell with a three electrode potentiostat to generate linear polarization curves according to ASTM G59 and determine the mass loss due to corrosion.
- Interchangeable Drives: High precision stages for linear movements and low speed rotation.
- Lubricant Cup and Heating System: Lubricant cup to accommodate specimen disc and test lubricants. The temperature of the lubricant is controlled using cartridge heaters and PT-100 sensors.
- Humidity Control System: The stand alone humidity controller can generate dry and humid air to augment the capabilities of your tester to evaluate humidity dependent properties of materials.
- TriboCorrosion Cell: The tribocorrosion cell when used with a three electrode potentiostat can facilitate the determination of the open circuit potential, linear polarization curves, Tafel plot and corrosion mass loss.
Parameter Specifications Load Range (Fz) 10 to 10000 mN (0.03 mN resolution) Friction force (± Fx) 3 to 3000 mN (0.01 mN resolution) Z-Axis Travel 0.01 to 500 micron (0.001 micron resolution) Z-Axis Travel Speed 0.1 to 100 micron/s X – Y Stage Speed 0.1 to 50 mm/s Ball Diameter 2 to 10 mm Pin Diameter 2 to 10 mm Operating Temperature Ambient Temperature to 80 Deg C Operating Humidity 30% to 75% RH
- Friction behavior of Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Tribology of low modulus or soft materials like cartilage, hydrogels, contact lenses, skin and cells
- Tackiness and stickiness of greases
- Quality control of personal care and food products
- Friction behavior of micro surfaces like hair and taste buds on the tongue
- Boundary lubrication of additives and base oils in lubricants
- Scratch testing of sub-micron thin films, hard and soft coatings
- ASTM G99
- ASTM G133
- ASTM G59
The Ducom MicroForce is an innovative new platform can be used for multi-scale testing. The patented MicroForce head is used to control test load with high accuracy and measure friction force between between the range of 10 mN to 10 N.
The MicroForce, with its sub-micron resolution, is excellent for micro-scale friction measurement. This tool can be used for a variety of innovative tests including mapping the independent effects of surface force and deformation on interface friction.
Overall, the MicroForce platform is an essential tool for any lab that has an interest in multi-scale testing ad evaluating the effect of scale in tribology. The Ducom MicroForce head can also easily be integrated into various versions of the the Ducom Rotary Tribometers, Linear Reciprocating Tribometers and Scratch Testers.