- Compact design.
- Open platform for ease of use and access when setting up samples.
- Computer controlled operation with software license included.
- User friendly software interface with CompariView module for comparative viewing of test results.
- Variety of options and accessories to extend testing capabilities.
- Low Load Head – up to 2 N
- High Load Head – up to 20 N
- Depth Sensing Module
- Acoustic Emission Sensing Module
- High Temperature Stage – ambient to 150 Deg C
- Advanced Motion Control Module
- Integrated Image Acquisition System
- Integrated 3D Non Contact Profilometer
Parameter Specifications Low Load Head Up to 2 N High Load Head Up to 20 N X Axis Travel 50 mm Y Axis Travel 5 mm Scratch Speed 10 mm/sec
- ASTM D7187
- ASTM C1624
- ASTM D7027-05
- ISO 20502
- ISO 1518
- DIN EN 1071-3
- DIN EN 1071-2
- DIN EN 1071-1
There is a growing trend towards the use of modified surfaces for improved performance and life of components. Modifications are invariably in the form of coatings on base material. They are deposited by electroplating, vapor phase deposition, diffusion, thermal spray or welding. Coatings need to be characterized for parameters like scratch resistance, critical load, adhesion and nature of damage under high stress. The Scratch Tester by Ducom facilitates these measurements over a wide range of parameters.
- Critical load of hard and brittle coatings like titanium nitride, ceramics
- Determination of working load limit of soft coatings like PTFE and other polymers.
- Identification of process parameters of heat treatment for best scratch resistance
- Estimation of bond strength at substrate – coating interface
- Product development and quality control of surface engineered products