- Compact bench-top design.
- Includes environment chamber and humidity probe.
- Includes ambient temperature and relative humidity probe.
- Especially suited for wear tests of diesel fuels, additives and lubricants.
- Pre-programmed CEC, ASTM and ISO test procedures for automated operation.
- Computer controlled operation with software license included.
- Includes CompariView module for comparative viewing of test results.
Electrical Contact Resistance (ECR) Module
High Temperature Module (Ambient to 400 Deg C)
Parameter Specifications Frequency 1 to 50 Hz Stroke 1 mm (fixed) Load up to 1.0 kg Temperature Ambient to 150 Deg C. Optional "High Temperature Module" for ambient to 400 Deg C Upper specimen 6 mm (dia) - ball Lower specimen 10 mm (diameter) X 3 mm (thick) - disc
- ASTM D 6079-97
- EN 590
- IP 450 / 2000
- BS – ISO 12156 – 1
- JPI – 58 – 50 -98
- CEC F 06 A96
The High Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR) characterizes friction or wear under lubricated condition using a ball on disc configuration. This lubricity tester is particularly suited for evaluating low lubricity fluids like diesel and gasoline.
The system consists of a temperature controlled stage that houses the test plate. A reciprocating arm with a ball holder to hold the test ball is pressed against the test plate with a known force. The system reciprocates maintaining the required stroke length, frequency, load, temperature and humidity.
A piezoelectric force transducer senses the frictional force. The unit is computer controlled and uses the WinDucom Data Acquisition System to record the output parameters.