- Compact bench-top design.
- Includes environment chamber and humidity probe.
- Includes ambient temperature and relative humidity probe.
- Especially suited for wear tests of diesel fuels, additives and lubricants.
- Pre-programmed CEC, ASTM and ISO test procedures for automated operation.
- Computer controlled operation with software license included.
- Includes CompariView module for comparative viewing of test results.
Electrical Contact Resistance (ECR) Module
High Temperature Module (Ambient to 400 Deg C)
Parameter Specifications Frequency 1 to 50 Hz Stroke 1 mm (fixed) Load up to 1.0 kg Temperature Ambient to 150 Deg C. Optional "High Temperature Module" for ambient to 400 Deg C Upper specimen 6 mm (dia) - ball Lower specimen 10 mm (diameter) X 3 mm (thick) - disc
- ASTM D 6079-97
- EN 590
- IP 450 / 2000
- BS – ISO 12156 – 1
- JPI – 58 – 50 -98
- CEC F 06 A96
The High Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR) characterizes friction or wear under lubricated condition using a ball on disc configuration. This lubricity tester is particularly suited for evaluating low lubricity fluids like diesel and gasoline. ASTM D6079 specifies the use of the HFRR to evaluate lubricity of diesel fuels.
The system consists of a temperature controlled stage that houses the test plate. A reciprocating arm with a ball holder to hold the test ball is pressed against the test plate with a known force. The system reciprocates maintaining the required stroke length, frequency, load, temperature and humidity.
A piezoelectric force transducer senses the frictional force. The unit is computer controlled and uses the WinDucom Data Acquisition System to record the output parameters.