Every four years, Ducom Instruments has the pleasure of attending one of the most impactful tribology conferences in the Asia-Pacific region: ASIATRIB. This year, we’re excited to announce that Ducom will be attending as a platinum sponsor! We couldn’t be more honored to support the event and all its phenomenal attendees. Our new and burgeoning office in Malaysia makes this year’s ASIATRIB that much more significant.
According to the ASIATRIB and the Malaysia Tribology Society (MYTRIBOS), the conference aims to:
• Share the pioneering research ideas among academicians, researchers, students, authorities, and practitioners from universities, industries, institutions, and related agencies all around the world through oral presentations.
• Create a platform for bilateral cooperation between interested parties among delegates in the spirit of sharing ideas through creative and innovative approaches and pushing the frontier of knowledge forward in the respective areas of research.
• Provide an opportunity for delegates especially young researchers and students to meet up in person with established and renown people from local and abroad in the respective field to get experiences, exchange research ideas, and build rapport through informal discussions.
We’ve submitted several extended abstracts for the conference. Check them out here:
|Day||Time||Title||Download Abstract Here:|
|17 September 2018||1430 h||Industrial talk: Tribology testing for solving global issues||https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=15209|
|18 September 2018||1100 h||Presentation:|
Rotary tribometer with AK Master and fixed pressure-velocity test to investigate the role of abrasives in brake pad tribology
|18 September 2018||1400 h||Presentation:|
Tribology of dental implant materials
|19 September 2018||1400 h||Presentation: Average contact length and velocity for pin in reciprocating and rotary motion|
Visit the Ducom exhibition center at ASIATRIB 2018 and discover the newly-designed Ducom Four Ball Tester and Ducom Biotribometer. Register below for training!
Ducom Four Ball Tester (FBT-3)
- Easy screening of lubricants
- Ducom four ball tester is designed to characterize wear preventive (WP), extreme pressure (EP), frictional and fatigue properties of lubricants.
- ASTM D2783, D2596, D5172; ASTM D2266, D4172; ISO 20623; CEC-L- 45 -T93; IP 300; DIN 51350
- Closer to a simulator
- The Ducom Biotribometer is widely used as a precursor for joint implant simulators, mainly for fundamental research on biomaterials that replace biointerfaces in orthopaedics and dentistry.
- ASTM G99; ASTM F732; ISO 14242-1 (load profile)
The 6th Asia International Conference on Tribology will be hosted at the Hilton Kuching in Sarawak, Malaysia from the 17th to the 20th of September. Please see location details down below:
Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuching, 93100, Malaysia
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any one of our Ducom representatives. Contact details are down below:
Ducom Instruments Malaysia
No 23-1B, Block 5
Jalan Pahat H15/H
Kompleks Otomobil Seksyen 15
40200, Shah Alam