Measuring Parameters • Temperature: °C/°F
• Measuring Range: 0°C to +420°C
• Resolution: 0.01°C
• Accuracy: ±0.1°C
• Repeatability/Reproducibility: as per standard methods or better
Temperature Measurement • Sample Temperature: stainless steel, corrosion and shock-resistant PT100 sensor Detection System • Ionization and thermal detectors combined into one multi-detection system Safety Devices • Automated diagnostics of PT100 probe and thermal sensors
• Automatic fire detection and fire extinguisher systems
• Gas valve closes gas supply (30 mbar max.) at the end of the test
Operating Range • Ambient to 35°C
• Max. R.H. 80%
Operation • Stirrer: designed with an electric motor
• Double ignition system: gas and electrical ignitor
• Heater: electrical heating as per ASTM procedures
Dimensions (WxDxH) and Weight • 37 x 52 x 32 cm, 30 kg Electrical Supply • 220V ± 15% / 50 to 60 Hz
• 115V ± 15% / 60 Hz
Method Description ASTM D93 Standard Test Methods for Flash Point by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Tester
• Procedure A: applicable to distillate fuels (diesel, biodiesel blends, kerosine, heating oil, turbine fuels),
new and in-use lubricating oils, and other homogeneous petroleum liquids not included in the scope of
Procedure B or Procedure C.
• Procedure B: applicable to residual fuel oils, cutback residua, used lubricating oils, mixtures of petroleum
liquids with solids, petroleum liquids that tend to form a surface film under test conditions, or are petroleum
liquids of such kinematic viscosity that they are not uniformly heated under the stirring and heating conditions
of Procedure A.
• Procedure C: applicable to biodiesel (B100). Since a flash point of residual alcohol in biodiesel is difficult to
observe by manual flash point techniques, automated apparatus with electronic flash point detection have
been found suitable.
DIN EN 22719 Petroleum Products and Lubricants - Determination of Flash Point by the Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Method IP 34 Determination of Flash Point - Pensky Martens Closed Cup Method ISO 2719 Determination of Flash Point - Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Method
The FPM provides accurate and secure flash point testing for users seeking to characterize the volatility and flammability of biodiesel fuels, lubricating oils and petroleum products.
- Integrated Touchscreen Panel PC: 8.4-inch, TFT/LCD, high-resolution display
- Storage Capacity: save and store data files in an Excel-compatible format
- User-Friendly Software Interface: automated, temperature-controlled testing
- Advanced Safety Features: automated diagnostics, fire detection system and overheating protection